quinta-feira, 20 de maio de 2010

Nightfall

Para quem viu os filmes "Before Sunrise" e "Before Sunset", aqui fica um final alternativo: "Nightfall". Peço desculpa por estar em inglês, mas foi assim que me saiu...


CELINE’S HOUSE
Celine dancing.

CELINE
Baby, you are gonna miss that flight.

JESSE
I know...

Celine keeps dancing. Jesse gets up and closer, holds her and places his face deep in her neck. They hold it like that for a second.

Celine turns suddently and stands back.

CELINE
Oh my God, the driver’s waiting for you and I-I... I gotta take dinner downstairs, you know.. I mean
they’re waiting for me as well...you know to...have...dinner...

She walks around the kitchen and gets closer to the refrigerator.
Jesse stands in his place astonished.

CELINE
Help me out...?

JESSE
W-What are you saying...? Calm down, come here... What are you doing?

CELINE
You gotta go... Remember...? We’re not real. This isn’t real... You and me... It’s just this isn’t it? I mean... Come on, you have a plain to catch...and...

JESSE
I already missed that flight... And I’m here... God! I waited so long to be with you again, to find you, to make it in my head that you did exist...

CELINE
Ok...and you did, and I did... And now what? Are you seriously saying...? What? What are you sayin'? I don’t even understand...

JESSE
I don’t know... I have nothing figured out... but I spent the last nine years wishing you hadn’t given me up... I wrote a damn book to find you, and I did, and you tell me you just couldn’t make it nine years ago, and all that crap about how I stole your romance skills or...whatever! You wrote a friggin’ song about me...

CELINE
(interrumpting)
I just told you it’s not about...

JESSE
No! It is about me... So just... Let’s just sit and...talk...and...try to solve this mess...please?

They stare at each other from across the balcony.

CELINE’S TERRACE
Celine’s holding Che and Jesse carries Celine’s plate of food.

CELINE
(Whispering)
Ok, just leave it on the table...
(To the woman waiting)
Pardon madame... nous avons un petit problème.. Je ne peux pas dîné avec vous... Mais je laisse ici le...
(Back to Jesse)
Ok...lets go have your talk...

They start walking towards the exit meeting Jesse’s driver.

JESSE
Ah...er...monsieur...je vas..

CELINE
(Interrupting)
"Vais"... Monsieur, pardon, il va rester encore une nuit... il a...
(To Jesse)
You have his number, non?
(To the driver)
...Il a votre téléphone. Si vous pouvez lui répondre demain... Oui? Merci monsieur...

A COFFEE SHOP
Celine and Jesse are sitted in a small, round table.
Celine’s taking a cup of tea. Jesse has a cappuccino in front of him.

CELINE
Allons-y... What did you want to talk about?

JESSE
I just think you have to...well...make a choice... Is this it? I mean... Seriously...let’s talk about us for once... Are we really just to have this moments... that night, this afternoon... I missed you and...You missed me. Isn’t that important?

CELINE
You’re married...

JESSE
Yes. And I already told you that it is not a good marriage... I’m not gonna be one those guys who stays with his wife simply because they want their kid to live in a...a...great family environment...It’s not gonna hapend... You remember, I told you that night that if I had to choose, I’d marry you... If I have to choose now... I choose to try it with you... I want to see... If you’re the right one for me...

CELINE
All we have is that night... Do you think that’s enough? What if we’re not meant to be...Then, not only doesn’t this thing work, that memory will be spoiled...forever...

JESSE
No! No... that’s not true! I’m not saying: "Let’s get married and live together for the rest of our lives"... All i’m saying is... Let’s try... Let’s just...know each other, not from a memory, but froma day to day connaissence...

CELINE
And how would we do that? I leave my boyfriend and my work to go with you? You leave your son to live in here?

JESSE
(Smirking)
We’ll figure something out...
I don’t want to lose you again...

He grabs her and. She allows it and holds her stare in his.

CELINE
No...
(She sighs)
I don’t want to miss you anymore...Oh, why did you come back? I was so blissfully unawareof my misery, of how you were still so deep in me...

JESSE
Let me stay... Let me stay here with you...tonight... I may sleep on your couch, or even go to a hotel... Just say you’ll sleep on it, and you’ll meet me tomorrow... And we’ll figure out what to do...

They part. She stands back in her chair and looks down. He grabs his cappucino.

CELINE
I s’pose...that might be an option... You don’t mind getting an hotel room, do you? Then we’d...
(She starts to laugh)

Oh you look so cute! Come here...

Celine gets closer with her napkin to clean the foam in his upper lip. They look at each other longly and kiss.

METRO ENTRANCE
Early morning. Mist.

Celine is climbing the stairs, slowly, looking down.
She lifts her head, and stops, close to the last step.
Jesse is waiting for her, leaning to a street lamp.
They look at each other and smile.
Celine starts walking again, towards him and he stretches his arm. 
Their hands meet, and they embrace each other.

"Procura a Maravilha" =)

5 comentários:

  1. happy ending yeah ... confesso que não vi os filmes, mas gostei deste final. Está muito bem escrito.
    E vou sacar os filmes =)

    Keep up the good work

    ResponderEliminar
  2. VOU MOSTRAR ISTO A MINHA MAE! OMG! LOl ela depois logo comenta! já que adorou os dois filmes! eu so vi um...como tal nao me vou pronunciar lol

    E tenho a dizer, em nota pessoal, que eu tenho uma best friend fantástica,é em português é em inglês, e sempre com textos fantásticos!!

    Então e agora se te proposer..spanish?
    Um diálogo entre (uma das minhas actrizes preferidas) - Penélope Cruz - e Javier Bardem! ;)
    Sim eu sei, tu é mais Catherine Deneuve, a Torre Eiffel como cenário, o Senna como moldura, e "Je t'aime(s" à mistura! (lol)

    Beso,
    Raquel

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Muito bom Sofia. Eu sou completamente apaixonada pelos dois filmes...já os vi várias vezes e não deixo de adorar os diálogos e a história e gostei bastante do teu final para estas duas personagens.

    Um beijinho,

    Catarina Bota

    ResponderEliminar